Monday, July 14, 2008

Chocolate at 30,000 ft...


Well here I am crushing at thirty thousand feet on my way to Chicago. Just finishing Tim Ferriss's book the 4 hour work week. I am now kicked back and pondering the information I absorbed. Going into this trip I was really worried that all hell was going to break loose while I am gone. While I am away in Chicago for a paintball tournament then off to Pennsylvania to celebrate my grandmothers 90 illustrious years. My job and my responsibilities would go to the ways side. I am trying to finish a help file for a piece of government software, planning a meeting for the company in a location I no little about and all without my laptop. Now I know that this will be a trial by fire for Tims idea of mobility. For the next ten days I am going to try my best to do things according to Tim's rules. I am currently in day 5 of the two week media blackout and really it doesn't bother me to much. I have noticed that I enjoy my hour of video entertainment a lot more using the on demand videos from hulu and NBC etc. I am not completely without technology I do have my trusty Iphone. I am now using it to keep in touch. I am checking emails but only twice a day. I have removed my work email from the settings and contemplating taking off my gmail account also, but let's not get crazy quite yet. I may not make it. I am already feeling helpless without a laptop, to the extent that I may buy a macbook air during this trip if I think I will have the disposable income for it.

But even with all these doubts about the trip and my ability to slow down, I have already noticed a calm from just siting here and thinking about his ideas eating my mini chocolate bar from ail lunch. Starring out the window wondering where the sky ends and the earth begins.

I have hit that magic 6 month plateau that I hit almost every time I start another job. This one I stretch into a 9month hitch but that was because I was pulling my self. Putting more and more static into my day until my whole day was static. Just w4w sake. Now i realize that all my goals need to change. I am actually going to see if I can create a dreamline that I will aspire to fulfill.

This is going to be great in a very scary way. So keep tuned. I actually think this may be the best chocolate bar I have ever ate. And dreams are easy to find if you look down on the clouds, not hoping to reach them.

No comments: